Skip to main content

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Today Lori, my oldest sister, took the day off from work to help me with Magdalena. It was definitely a restful day, and we were able to spend some time together working on some obvious changes in the blog. Magdalena hung in there with us! Although Magdalena smelled the room up with her gas, we had a great time with her. Because of all the fun that I had with Magdalena last night and today I decided to title this blog after one of the songs that will play on the blog, Girls just wanna have fun. Even through a few of her apnea spells (her heart rate drops too low), I really enjoyed my sweet daughter using only laughter and not tears. Her long feet with her wrinkly knees are always so cute as she streches, and she enjoys for me to rub her legs. I don't think that I will ever be able to express how precious she is to me. God has been gracious to give this much time to us, and we do not deserve it.

The past few days spent with Magdalena at home are what Noah and I have desired and prayed for, and as in many situations I desire even more now. The past two weeks have been emotionally and physically hard as I spent my days in the hospital trying to be a mommy and heal too. The NICU nurses were amazing, and I believe that these women are created for their job. They were patient with me as I sat there waiting for any information that I could get for Magdalena. Even though I didn't hold her all day so that she could keep her strength, it helped me to just be there for her.

Although I do not understand and may not know how her life is being used, I know that it is beautiful and has a purpose. Throughout her time with us, no matter how long or short, I pray that God will allow us to glorify him and have fun together doing it.

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:38 PM

    Thanking God that you are having time with your sweet baby, and that God's gift of eternal life allows us forever with our babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog look is so cute and girly. I love the title too!
    I continue to pray that God will give you the strength and knowledge to care for precious Magdalena. Enjoy each moment with her, she is such a special gift. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had so much fun today with you and Magdalena. Thank you for sharing her with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:02 PM

    I'm not sure how I stumbled upon your blog, but I had to add it to my favorites just so I can see how things are going with your precious Magdalena! What an amazing testimony you have and I lift you up in prayers along with the many others I know are praying for you all. I had a baby girl 9/11/07 and I also have two boys ages 10 & 5. Sometimes I take their good health for granted and each time I hear of a baby with any health issues it reminds me to thank the Lord for my own kids and to help me never take them for granted. God is using Magdalena and will continue to use her all the days of her life (and I hope that there are MANY of them!!!!)
    - Praying for you in Evans, Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie!!!!!!! This was such fun to come home and jam out while reading your blog. You, Noah and Magdalena are so precious. Thank you for allowing us to see God at work in your lives...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THE NEW LOOK ON THE BLOG, did I say I love the new look! The music is so upbeat! I love how positive you are and that you are enjoying every single moment. Yes, you will get tired but seems so lucky to have so many to help. I will continue to read and pray for the sweet, sweet child. Also praying for you courage and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, I have been following your blog since we first spoke and I am so thankful for you guys being able to bring Magdalena home. The new look is fantastic! Blessings and prayers to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:40 AM

    Julie, I'm so glad to see that you're able to be having some fun with that sweet baby. I know she's having fun with you! Just to put my two cents in, it doesn't seem like she's getting enough cake...
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie-Enjoy every moment....and you already have "Glorified HIM" in everything! Your life and witness has been a testimony to God's grace, His love, His salvation and His glory!

    Your "new look" is awesome! You look fabulous. :)

    Continuing to pray....Love-Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey girls!

    You ARE having fun and we all appreciate your sharing it!

    Little Magdelena is such an adorable little princess blessed with an amazing mom (and dad! and aunt! and wonderful extended family!)

    God bless and keep you all safely in His hands as you enjoy and love each other so completely.

    Thanks for reminding us all of how precious each and every moment is.

    The blog is fabulous! Perfect for a perfect little Magdelena!

    Praising God for the miracle of her!!!
    Love and prayers from Michigan,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Hello World!!

Here are my first pictures! Julie is on her way to the room and doing great. As we have more pictures, I will get them up for you to see. Stephen

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes