Skip to main content

Where's Walt?

Trying to juggle my time as a work-from-home mom has been the toughest thing about the change from working full-time. No matter how early I awake or how late I go to sleep, there never seems to be enough time in the day. On days when I feel like I have been pushed to the max I get little moments like these below are just a reminder of why I am doing this. God has blessed me with a job where I can do things as Walt naps or Noah studies, and when it seems to be too much, God always finds a way to remind me that this was the journey that he called me on. But if you would say a small prayer for me I would appreciate it...that I would let the little things go so that I can focus on the bigger picture. Also, that I would do everything to the best of my ability, work, wife, and mommy so that God may be glorified in it all. God is definitely molding me, and just as Magdalena showed me so many of my sins, Walt does the same. Children are such an amazing gift. I think they have both taught me more than I could ever teach them.

and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. - Matthew 18:3

It seems as though he is trying to pull of his shirt, but really we are playing the "where's Walt?" game.







post signature

Comments

  1. Hey Julie, Walt is adorable! And getting so Big! I had to post a comment bc although our situations are different I think I can relate on some level to your post. I am a stay at home mom. And while I love being a stay at home mom it is not without its struggles. But maybe it is through the struggle that we are also able to see the amazing gifts our children give us everyday. Maybe without them we would not take the time to see the little things like a peekaboo moment that make it all worth it! Just when I am ready to pull my hair out Maddie will laugh or give me hug and that tiny gesture makes a days full of headache and struggle go away. Madison is the closest thing to heaven I have on earth. She is a constant reminder of God's purpose for my life. She has given me back my faith. Don't be to hard on yourself. Remember to give yourself credit and a pat on the back every once in awhile. That little boy's smile is proof you are doing something right!! Hang in there, Mama!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Hello World!!

Here are my first pictures! Julie is on her way to the room and doing great. As we have more pictures, I will get them up for you to see. Stephen

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes