Skip to main content

Meant to Be

I have never agreed with abortion. I think that this dates back to hearing my big sis talk so strongly about it because I know that I have thought about it for a long time. My heart breaks for mommies who have made that decision and then later regret it. I believe in a loving, forgiving God who will open His arms to you. I believe in a God that makes no mistakes, and since he made every single human, no human is a mistake. Magdalena and Walt are reminders of this. Would anyone look at Magdalena and call her an accident? I wouldn't because God entrusted me with her, and for that I am always so thankful. And as my heart was breaking with my arms empty without her, I discovered even while she was with us, He had created another perfect being. Both of their lives have different purposes for His glory, but they both glorify God. I can't think of Magdalena and not think of how amazing and merciful he is, and I cannot see Walt and think of how giving He is. Walt is a reminder that he did not leave me nor forsake me. Not everyone's reminder is in the form of a baby like Walt, but mine is.

I like this song:

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:53 PM

    Some mommies that are faced with a bad diagnosis of pregnancy may feel that termination is the best option. For some people going forward with the pregnancy is the right choice...for other's it may not be. However, it is not up to us to make others feel bad for what ever decision that is made. I had to make the decision...and it was he right one for me. I am glad that your decision was right one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I am thankful that it was never a thought for you to abort Magdalena either. It was a joy to know her, and she blessed so many people. I also am encouraged by the fact that you see God's mercy in her life. She was beautiful. And Walt is always a joy to see, with that smile radiating!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Hello World!!

Here are my first pictures! Julie is on her way to the room and doing great. As we have more pictures, I will get them up for you to see. Stephen

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes