Skip to main content

A Big Weekend....Really a Big Week

This week was such a good, exhausting week, and I am spending today trying to rest emotionally and physically from it all. We took the butterfly cake to the NICU nurses, and here is Walt with some of our favorites! They were so busy that day, but they still took the time to come out and say hello to my little man! I remember sitting in the hospital bed meeting Diane, Magdalena's nurse, for the first time on August 6, 2008. Little did I know how special these women would become to me and my entire family. They made us leaving our sweet Magdalena in the hospital a little easier and bent the rules so that everyone, even my nieces, had the chance to celebrate her life. Words will never be able to express how much we love these sweet ladies (and some that aren't pictured).
He would be smiling like he does normally but it was just about nap time.


Because the people in my family are close and everyone would want a way to recognize Friday as Magdalena's day, I made these cupcakes for everyone to eat.


One of the hardest things to do is to go visit Magdalena's grave on days like today. It is a reminder of the pain in my heart. I usually lose it completely there, and so I like to go alone. We all went together, and although I was uncertain about Walt going, I am glad that we went as a family. It is easier to introduce Walt to Magdalena and death now, so that it will be easier to talk about later. I never want it to be something that makes Mommy too sad for him to ask questions because all of the questions and answers would be wrapped around Jesus!
Noah and I finally went earlier this summer to pick out Magdalena's headstone, which we are still waiting to come in. We had to make some of the hardest decisions concerning what it would look like, but we finally realized that nothing would ever really be good enough or describe her life well enough, so we had to get what would do.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes