Skip to main content

Week 3 - A Father's Joy

Sometimes it is so hard to pray. Sometimes it is so hard to sing songs of praise to God. My heart is just angry at times, but when I come running back, God always has his arms wide open for me. Noah's ability to praise God despite his feelings always helps to push me towards God because he doesn't allow his feelings to interrupt what he is called to do. At first watching his strength made me feel guilty that I wasn't the same, but slowly I have realized that I will get my strength back. Hope does exist. And I know that as I wrestle with God's purpose for my life and my heartache it will only draw me closer to him.

A good book to make you realize that you are the prodigal's other son too is Tim Keller's The Prodigal God. Honestly, I need to go reread that book too. It is a new way to show the hope of Christ for those that have kept morality to a higher standard than their relationship with God.

My prayer is that I will continue to run to God hoping that I will stay there without fear and in spite of (and because of) my broken heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes