Skip to main content

Small Events and BIG Picture

Sometimes I look down at Walt and think "You are too big to be mine!".  He has grown so quickly, and I forget he is not my innocent little baby anymore.  Now-a-days his imagination is running wild, and his memory is incredible.  And he remembers what you said in previous days, so Noah and I have quickly learned not to say anything that we don't truly mean.  At the same time he has learned series of events, so "not now" is acceptable to him....which I LOVE.  I can say first you will take a nap, and then, you can go to Mimi's, and he gets it!  Parenting is tough, but Noah and I have learned that the more we communicate how we handle situations individually, we are on the same page a lot better than just trying to do it on our own.  We are still learning A LOT each day!!  I am so glad that God doesn't give us teenagers initially because I think that it's these days that slowly prepare us for what's coming.  Isn't that how God does it a lot?  I can't see the big picture like He does, so I handle each of the small ones as He has called me to live, and together they prepare me for something bigger.  I have been blessed the times He shows those to me, and others I continually have to trust with Him.  

During Walt's snack time I gave his toy Smurf, "Brainey",  a grape too!

Walt loved sharing his snack with his friend so much that the next morning Walt wanted a little bowl of oatmeal for his smurf too!
post signature

Comments

  1. Love it! Only a fun-loving mama would give oatmeal to a Smurf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That smile is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes