Skip to main content

Sugary Sweet

Walt has learned so many sweet things to do and sweet words that I have a hard time deciding which one is my favorite. He gives slobbery kisses, says thank you, and shares his favorite foods. He is the sweetest little man ever! Once he gets to walking a whole new world is going to be at his fingertips. I think that it is going to come just in time for spring so that he can run around outside. He is going to love getting dirty and into trouble!

We enjoyed an amazing weekend filled with people we love! Friday morning a dear friend and her daughter came over to have coffee, play, and talk. She has opened a can of worms though because I am definitely going to want more time with her! Then, in the evening a friend of mine and her husband came over to watch the movie Twilight. I don't think that would have been their first choice of movie because it is a little cheesy, but their names are in the book! When I first met her I knew that I was going to have to expose her to the characters because I am sure when anyone meets her they are thinking "wow!" her name is in Twilight! Noah built a fire for us so we could roast marshmallows and watch teenage vampires. And can you believe that is not it? The fun continued with my sister-in-law being in town! We celebrated her birthday with a meal and family! Thankfully, Walt is a social bug and ate up all of the attention from everyone!

As our house slowed down on Sunday when Noah returned from preaching at a church and Walt and I from worship, Noah built a fire, and we watched an amazing Steelers game with Grandmom, who is a big football fan herself. ( I watched part of the game and worked on To Kill a Mockingbird. )

What a fun, awesome weekend we had, and it is on these days where I see God's many blessings of friends and family. I was thanking God for it all this morning, and I realized that this would be a great Psalm to pray to God not only on the good days where the blessings are obvious but also on the worst days to remember His goodness and that he has not left me. That is where He grows me and His mercy shines.

Psalm 9: 1-2

I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.

post signature

Comments

  1. Walt is precious and so active! I loved out visit, loved the cinnamon rolls and the chatting. So glad to be a part of the can of worms!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes