Skip to main content

Sweet Reminders

Over the last few days I have had sweet reminders of my grandparents.  Every night before Walt gets tucked into bed, it has become our routine for just the two of us to snuggle in an arm chair and read a book.  Walt picks the book out for us.  On this particular night he chose the following book that he had found on the shelf. I got choked when I realized Grandmom and Granddad had given it to me when I was his age. Now, I love to write in books so that I can remember when I gave them to Walt.  Maybe one day he will have this same moment.


Memaw passed away last December, and we had not gotten rid of all of her things, and so, this past weekend we had a garage sale with all of the doo dads (does any other family use that word?) that we would not be keeping.  We found this train, and I put it under my tree.  Walt and I discussed how delicate it is, and he is so good about lightly playing with it, and he always returns it to the right location.  Memaw would love watching him enjoy this train.
post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes