Skip to main content

Christmas and Sweet Little Happenings

Any holiday makes it harder not to have Magdalena with us.  We hang her stocking and place her ornaments on the tree.  Everyday God is giving us sweet little reminders of his love and grace in our lives.  The older Walt gets, the easier it becomes to celebrate the holidays instead of wallowing.  He is aware of toys, receiving presents, and all of the excitement which surrounds him daily this time of the year.  He naturally makes us want to make it a memorable holiday for him, and by teaching him the true meaning of the holiday, we remind ourselves.  He was a belated Christmas gift from God two three years ago when we found out that we were pregnant shortly after Magdalena passed away.  

A sweet friend sent this Nemo to us in memory of Magdalena.  We had watched Nemo together, and all of the colors attracted her attention. 


Walt was at my office, and he enjoyed watching Justin Bieber's "Santa Claus is coming to town".  The dancing and poppy music made him want to dance!

Walt can make a drum set out of anything.  Tin Christmas containers with his Handy Manny character toys as drumsticks attracted everyone's attention at Wal-mart as we strolled around.

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Hello World!!

Here are my first pictures! Julie is on her way to the room and doing great. As we have more pictures, I will get them up for you to see. Stephen

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes