Skip to main content

6 Months

6 months ago today Magdalena and I were celebrating her being with us. Yesterday was so hard. I think that it was the hardest day that I have had to deal with since Magdalena left us. On my way to work I tried to get all of the tears and feelings out of my system. I waited until I got to work to put on my make-up so I wouldn't have to worry about messing it up. It just didn't stop there. I knew that I was physically going to need to do something, like I was doing something for her. I left work a little early and made chocolate cupcakes with a pale pink icing. They were hers. Although I am not a baker, I thought that they were perfectly made just for her. Oh, my sweet girl! We miss her so much!
Noah and I went to dinner and a movie last night. It was a good time for us to get out of the house, and the movie kept us laughing. "New in Town" was so funny!

After the movie we found out that my grandfather's health is worse, and he has returned to the hospital. He has lived an amazing, godly life. I wrote a post on my grandparents earlier last fall because I was so excited that Magdalena was able to meet granddad. It made it even more special because he was having such a good day that he knew he was holding something special. Please pray for my grandmother. She has been "dating" my grandfather since junior high. Please pray for our family.

Comments

  1. Julie,

    I am praying for your broken heart as well as for your family. I know this is a hard time and you are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you Julie, asking God to hold the pieces of your broken heart. Praying for your grandparents too, these times are so hard and I pray for Gods grace and love to help carry you through.

    Love and Hugs, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for you and your family. You and your family have touched our lives so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Noah and your entire family.
    Love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, I am praying for you as you walk through more difficult times. Your sweet girl is such a blessing to all of us still.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm praying for God's comfort and strength to help your hurting heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie,
    I think that was a beautiful way to celebrate your sweet Magdalena, to make her cupcakes. I am praying for you, and also miss your little girl. love, connie

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love y'all. Thank you for sharing her 6 month birthday with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:36 PM

    I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather, what a wonderful couple they must be. I think of Magdalena often and the joy she brought to so many, we are all blessed and lucky to have known such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. all that is going on....you never get used to it....you shouldn't....it's not what a mama is made to do. But it is beautiful how you continue to mother your baby girl while you spend the rest of your days here on earth without her. Tears are running down my face as I think of the "cleaning" I still have not done after 8+ months...my reasons are the same as yours....just so you can run into your baby's things and miss using it, think of those days you couldn't go without it, just remeber caring for your baby with something tangable infront of you reminding you it all really happenend. I love you sweet friend....and I am hurting for you in such a personal way. Love,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes