Skip to main content

Ready for Rest

It is that time of year that things are just busy. In preparation of a semester's end, Noah has been extremely busy, so we are all exhausted and ready for rest. Last night, both Walt and I had a very low key evening while Noah helped with the senior banquet. I cooked a pizza in the oven, but I ended up burning my arm which caused me to drop the pizza all in the oven! I scraped it off to prevent further cooking, but no further clean up was done. It had just been a long day, so I sent a warning text to Noah about the huge mess, and that I would clean up in the morning. Walt and I were asleep before Noah came home, so it was morning when I opened the oven to show Noah the mess, it was no longer there. Noah said the oven fairy must have come. :) I definitely have the sweetest husband ever! I was able to bake some of my yummy muffins without the huge pizza smell. Then, Noah was off again to help with a the seniors again at their graduation. He should be completely finished with the semester by Wednesday, and we are ready! I am trying to think of something fun to do to celebrate the completion of another semester! This time next year Noah will be the graduate!

Walt is a little sponge soaking up the world around him. He surprises me each day with a few new words, and he is singing what he can of "happy birthday" and "Mimi and Papa". "Mimi and Papa" is a song that I made up to sing when we are on our way to their house. He can't get all of the words sung, but it is definitely clear that he is trying!


post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes