Thursday, May 05, 2011

Eating with Friends on Cinco de Mayo

I enjoy so much the time that Noah and I get to have friends over for dinner, and tonight was one of those nights! We joined together people who met for the first time over a new (and delicious!) recipe! And because its that time of year... a strawberry pie for dessert! Noah doesn't like berries of any kind, so I always shy away from there, but since so many people were coming over I got to make a yummy strawberry pie! I love strawberries!!

Here is the Tex-Mex recipe that I made:


what you need

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch-wide strips (I used 1 and 1/2)
2 Tbsp. (1/2 of 1-1/4-oz. pkg.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
2 Tbsp. flour
1 each green and red pepper, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
1 cup frozen cornI added a can of rinsed black beans and a can of diced tomatoes!
1-1/2 cups TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
1 cup KRAFT Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese

make it

TOSS chicken with taco seasoning and flour in slow cooker. Stir in vegetables and salsa; cover with lid.

COOK on LOW 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours).

STIR just before serving; top with cheese.

I served this over rice, but I think tomorrow I will eat it in a tortilla!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!