Skip to main content

Grace Update

Especially after writing the news on Jaxton, I am happy to bring you an update on Grace. God shows us Himself through so many situations, and we don't understand how is working. But we can live with the hope in His promises. He does not leave nor forsake us, and His ways are perfect.

Here is what her mommy wrote on her blog as an update.

"We are loving every minute holding our precious Grace like a "normal" baby now! It is amazing! She is doing great! Yesterday, we spent about six hours holding her. Her incision looks great, and her doctors are very happy with how she is doing. We got there and found a sweet pink bow in her hair, thanks to her nurse! They extubated her early yesterday morning, and her vital signs and labs have been great. They discontinued all her IVs except for one, which was giving her IV fluids to keep her hydrated. We got to feed her for the first time after surgery around 2:00 pm yesterday. She did great! She took two ounces! Her Nanny and Pawpaw got to visit with her some yesterday too. We are so happy with how Grace is doing! We may get to bring her home as early as next Wednesday! She is such a miracle, and all praise to our Father!"

post signature

Comments

  1. I have a baby girl too. Her name is Grace Elyan and she was born 8-25-09 at 1-lb 1oz 10 1/2 inches long. She is now 18 1/2 months and doing great! She gets therapy and has overcome alot of challanges. She is our early Bird. By his Grace I can Hold my, Grace!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes

Hello World!!

Here are my first pictures! Julie is on her way to the room and doing great. As we have more pictures, I will get them up for you to see. Stephen