Skip to main content

Are You Reading??

When I was dating Noah both of us reading a lot was such a positive, and it still is, except for one "tiny" factor....What do we do with all of the books? A few weeks back we made a huge donation to the local library keeping our favorites and the ones that we like to reread yearly. Not only do we both like to read, but we read a lot of the same types of books, so when we married we ended up with duplicates. Also, sometimes we ended up with two because books are given as gifts to us. We couldn't just get rid of these books because some of them have changed our lives, so Noah and I decided that we share some of our favorites with the blog readers in hopes that they will bless your lives as they did ours.

There are quite a few of the books that are brand new because we read our second copy. If the book has been read but in fabulous condition, I will let you know before posting.

List of books to be Given:

When Sinners Say I Do by Harvey (new), Transforming Grace by Bridges (read), Hearing Jesus Speak into Your Sorrow by Guthrie (new), The Excellent Wife by Peace, Faithful Women & Their Extraordinary God by Piper (read), Don't Waste Your Life by Piper (new), A Severe Mercy by Vanauken (read), Half the Church by James (new - given by Zondervan...I am reading the second copy now!)

  • Books will be given at random to those who have subscribed and confirmed this subscription through email to the blog. You can click HERE or click on the yellow button on the left side of the blog. It is right above where it says "Welcome". An email will be sent to you for you to confirm this subscription.
  • I will email the winner. He/She will have 1 week to respond.


Our first book to be given away is a new copy of When Sinners Say I Do by Dave Harvey. Noah and I are reading this book together right now! The random winner will be announced on Sunday, March 20th by using random.org.

When Sinners Say "I Do": Discovering the Power of the Gospel for Marriage

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes

Hello World!!

Here are my first pictures! Julie is on her way to the room and doing great. As we have more pictures, I will get them up for you to see. Stephen