Skip to main content

Layne's Day

Today was a bittersweet day for everyone who knew Layne and her family. We are so full of joy knowing that she is no longer suffering, but she has been fully healed and dancing in honor of God. Yet, our hearts and arms long to keep her here with us. The Gaston family planned an amazing time of celebrating Layne's sweet life and the time that God gave us here on earth.

Please continue to pray for the Gaston Family and their two other children as we enter into the holiday season, which is the most difficult time for us who have lost our sweet babies.

post signature

Comments

  1. I pray for y'all every day, and will be praying for Layne's family now too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Hello World!!

Here are my first pictures! Julie is on her way to the room and doing great. As we have more pictures, I will get them up for you to see. Stephen

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes