Skip to main content

Happy Thanksgiving!!

God has blessed us more than we could have ever imagined in our lifetime, and today we got to recognize this special day with our families. Growing up my mom was amazing to create such special traditions for us each holiday, and one of them is blueberry muffins with chocolate milk on Thanksgiving morning while watching the parade. Today Walt got to enjoy his first blueberry muffin experience. We put down a towel because we knew that he would make a mess, but it was a blast! My mom and dad came over to spend some time with us too! This little man has brought more smiles to my face than I ever thought was possible. Thank you, God, for this precious little boy that you gave to me!


I love my family! We have made it through some of the toughest days together, and they have a huge amount of patience with me! Thank you, God, for my two men!


And today I went to Magdalena's grave and spent my first peaceful time there. It was a gorgeous day, not too warm and not too hot. A slight breeze to keep the air fresh and tickle my nose. I cried there, but it was a healing cry. I sat and journaled my prayers to God and spent some time reading the Psalms aloud. I sat right next to her headstone, and after I had read I just sat there and cried. It was a peaceful cry. Maybe you know what I mean? And the sweet butterfly on her headstone reminded me of her healing, and in an instance a beautiful picture came to my mind of Magdalena and Layne wearing pink tu-tus with both of the hands clasped in the other's hands. They were twirling with glee. They are butterflies, beautiful with God. They are healed. After that second of a thought I prayed that a hug would be given to her for me, and that she would be reminded that the mommy that carried her while she was on earth loves her so much. It was so peaceful. She is with Jesus.

My mom made this permanent arrangement for Magdalena's site. She did it about a month ago, but I had not been to see it. It has just been so hard, but the site of these flowers made it easier. She would have loved them. My dad said that the sparkles remind him of balloons, which she enjoyed. Is it possible to say that I enjoyed my time at Magdalena's site? I think that I have wanted to go and just couldn't, and today I am so thankful that I did it. I went and talked with God there. God is still molding me through her life. His work is never complete. I am that really tough clay!

Thank you, God, for a peaceful heart that rests in you. I prayed for two families who spent their first Thanksgiving without the baby. Please continue to pray for them with me.



post signature

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:02 AM

    I remember the thanksgiving three years ago at your home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful.
    What you wrote.
    What you experienced.
    The day.
    The flowers.
    The vision.
    The peace.
    God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing can be said to add to what you have posted, sweetie. I love you and I was proud to know Magdalena. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious to be thankful in all things. A peace that this world will never understand. I so understand that peaceful cry. Missed you for the last session of Revelation but we talked about how in heaven God will wipe away our tears. Isn't it amazing that it doesn't say there will be no tears but that He will wipe them away....just maybe it is because tears are good. There are times that they are healing. The lovingkindness of our God felt every tear you cried and gently wiped them away. What a precious intimate time in the presence of an awesome God. You are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little boy looks very precious indeed. Look at how he eats the muffin. Looks so appetizing hahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:08 AM

    Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Hello World!!

Here are my first pictures! Julie is on her way to the room and doing great. As we have more pictures, I will get them up for you to see. Stephen

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes