Skip to main content

Layne's Update for Day 2

Kris just called to give me a few updates, and so many of you have been praying for her so I had to share. They are many good things happening, but with these special, T18 babies, prayer is continually needed!

  • Layne is considered to have severe defects
  • For about 5 to 7 days after birth the lungs will contract to keep fluid out, but after this time the fluid will build up in her lungs
  • Layne attempted to take a bottle, but they had to quit because she turned blue. However, she regulated herself! (this a a great thing that she was able to do!)
  • After a few tries, they got the NG tube down, and she had 10 cc of formula. They have to wait to see how she tolerates the formula and the tube. If she tolerates it well, they will take out the IV.
  • Currently, Layne is not on any oxygen
  • Kris and Hamp stayed in the NICU for about 2 hours, but they left for Layne to rest
  • Kris met with the hospice nurse at the hospital (Pray as they make these arrangements!)

post signature

Comments

  1. Praise God for day 2! What a privilege for you to meet Layne and to be a support to her family. She is beautiful. Give her mama a big hug from this t-18 mommy too. I'll be praying for them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes