Skip to main content

Hoping for Something Better

I can't believe it, but with all of the Layne excitement, I forgot to announce that the winner of the ornament is

Ashleyj@...........

Congratulations! I will be sending you an email. Please respond within a week to receive the ornament!


Holding On To Hope
I always feel a special bond with someone who has a special needs child or who has lost a child, which is one of the MANY reasons why I like to read books by Nancy Guthrie. Noah and I are studying to book of Hebrews, and knowing how much we love us some Nancy, we decided to use her book, Hoping for Something Better as a reference. Life experiences does affect a person in every aspect, but this book is not intended for those who have lost a child. It is for anyone who wants to go through the book of Hebrews more deeply. There are questions that are intended to be answered before reading each chapter, which take you through a particular section in the book of Hebrews. (Noah and I answer these individually, and then, we come together to discuss.) Separately and then together we study Jesus and who he is. The point of the book is for you to learn more about the life of Jesus so that you draw closer to him, and I am so glad that Nancy tackled this book of the bible. Noah and I have blessed so much already and we are only on chapter 5 in the book!

One of the verses that really stood out to me this week is one that I wanted to share with you. I hope that my written word does justice on my thoughts on this verse.

Hebrews 5:7 In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence.

I have asked why me? why my sweet baby girl? Why Magdalena? There were times I couldn't understand why God wouldn't spare her life and take me instead, but that was not his plan. Age does not determine when we leave this earth but what would most glorify him and fulfill his purpose.
When I read this verse, I gasped. How had I missed this before? I knew that Jesus spoke to God. I knew that God had given his son. But this particular verse is so special to me because Jesus, God's only son, asked to be saved from death. It tells us here that God did hear him, and we know that in order to fulfill his life's purpose Jesus had to die for us. God does here us, and he does answer our prayers, although, the answer isn't what we expected.

God did hear me, and he does hear us. He has not left us in the midst of our suffering, but he continues to wrap his arms around us even tighter. We just have to trust that He knows better than we do what is best for us, and how through our lives he is glorified.

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes