Skip to main content

Lasagna

Both Noah and I enjoy to cook, so I can't believe that I have never learned to make a lasagna.  Although it takes a bit of time, it is worth it!  I made mine in 2 separate dishes so that I could pop one in the freezer!  I had to share this delicious recipe!  I wish that I had taken a picture of it to show, but I hope that you enjoy it as much as we did!

Lasagna Recipe



2 Jars of Ragu Spaghetti Sauce (Garden Combination is yummy)
1 onion finely chopped
2 lbs. of ground chuck

Brown meat and onion. Drain. Add Ragu and simer for about 20-30 minutes



Mix Together:
1 ½ C small curd cottage cheese (I use low-fat)
2 eggs beaten
¾ C Parmesan Cheese
1t salt (I don’t use this much, if any)
½ t Black Pepper


3C Mozzarella Cheese (Do not add to above mixture)


Boil Lasagna Noodles – about 10 (I use wheat or multi grain)
Spray 13X9 Casserole Dish with Pam.
Put first layer of noodles side by side on the bottom of the dish.
Top with 1/3 of cheese mixture, meat/sauce mixture, and sprinkle with Mozzarella Cheese.
Repeat 2 more times. Top off with the remainder of the Mozzarella Cheese.
Bake at 350 for 1 – 1 ½ hours. (covered for 1 hour)


post signature

Comments

  1. I just made lasagna last night yummy. I learned a few years back you do not have to boil the noodles(only heats up the kitchen). I layer mine just like you only using noodles right out of the box. Tastes great! I believe in saving time. Lots of times I will make it one night, cover, put in fridge & cook the next night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! Y'all are culinary geniuses, are you not? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the Ragu, do you use the regular size jar or the 2lb jar??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great!! I was just thinking of how I needed a lasagna recipe!!! Can't wait to try it out!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes

Hello World!!

Here are my first pictures! Julie is on her way to the room and doing great. As we have more pictures, I will get them up for you to see. Stephen