Skip to main content

Eyebrows

My Dad's way of getting my attention has been an eyebrow raise, which means "watch out!".  It was a warning that I was about to be in trouble, but there came a point when I was in college where it was hard not to laugh a bit.  He still gives me his eyebrow raise, but now it is usually in good humor.  Although my eyebrows are better shaped due to waxing them, I have found myself doing the same thing to Walt!  As he enters into a territory of trouble, I raise my eyebrows and say "I don't think that is a wise decision.".  He doesn't understand the long sentence yet, but he does understand the eyebrow raise!  I hope that he doesn't catch on too soon and find it humorous!  I like that there can be a silent warning before I have to say something.
Walt will probably find himself doing the same thing one day because just like his big sis, he expresses himself with his eyebrows.  It is so cute!  Though sometimes when he gives certain expressions, it is heart wrenching because Magdalena used to give the same ones.
For years now, Noah and I have put off making photo albums and DVDs of our Magdalena memories, but lately we have been determined to do it.  I have been staring at those sweet little Magdalena eyes as I crop pictures and create albums, and this little memory came to my mind.
post signature

Comments

  1. I do the "eyebrow thing" to Tehya and Sage as well! What a sweet thing for Walt and Magdalena to share. Thank you for sharing that memory. I am sure it must be hard to do the photos, but glad you could share that with us. Think of you often!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Hello World!!

Here are my first pictures! Julie is on her way to the room and doing great. As we have more pictures, I will get them up for you to see. Stephen

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes