Skip to main content

Jumping Machine

I have just woken to extra strong coffee that my sweet husband made this morning. Between the gloomy weather and me being up late last night, I am slowly drinking it to attempt the wake up process. My entire life I have always required more than the average number of hours of sleep to be at my best, which, by the way, describes Walt too. Staying up late is not a good idea, but last night there was just no avoiding it. I love my work, and most of the time I can do it in small increments throughout the day when Walt is napping, but I have just not had the motivation nor the time to complete making my final exams. Well, the time sneaked by me, and before I knew it, my students are in their last few weeks of school. I was in my work mode last night, and so once I got started, I was determined to finish! I did, so every minute of lost sleep was worth it, but today is going to hurt! There is still much work to be done to finish up this semester and prepare for the next, but thankfully those can be done in small increments throughout the rest of this week and next.

Time flies by so quickly! Walt is saying so many words now, and he is ready to run off with the big kids! I wish time could stand still for just a little longer to enjoy this age because it is one of my favorites. Walt is not a perfect kid, but he is so sweet, and every moment I love him more! Also, he is looking more like his daddy. Below are some pictures from a cookout at the seminary where Noah attends. Walt LOVED the jumping machine so much that we could hardly get him out of it!
The music was coming from that direction, so he had to stop and clap.




post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes