Skip to main content

He is Risen!

The cemetery will be closed for a few weeks because of the tornado damage. This is hard for us when we want that time to remember her in quiet with God where her body lies. I had bought a flag for her area, and since I couldn't put it at her grave nor could we take her flowers, we put it outside our door along with a potted plant to remember that she is with Jesus on this day! Of course the flowers and the pot are pink!

Easter is the day that we get to celebrate that Jesus is Risen, and because of this we will be reunited with Magdalena one day in heaven praising God forever! These verses are especially special to us because the first person who saw Jesus after being raised was Magdalene (Magdalena is Spanish for Magdalene.).


John 20:11 - 18

11 But Mary stood weeping outside the tomb, and as she wept she stooped to look into the tomb. 12 And she saw two angels in white, sitting where the body of Jesus had lain, one at the head and one at the feet. 13 They said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?” She said to them, “They have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid him.” 14 Having said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing, but she did not know that it was Jesus. 15 Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?” Supposing him to be the gardener, she said to him, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away.” 16 Jesus said to her, “Mary.” She turned and said to him in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means Teacher). 17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’” 18 Mary Magdalene went and announced to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord”—and that he had said these things to her.

post signature

Comments

  1. Still thankful that you and yours are ok...the weather has been so unbelievable! Sorry that you can't go to her resting spot while they are working on the damage. Keeping you lifted!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes