Skip to main content

Alone

Lamentations 3:22-23, "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

In the upcoming week I will be surrounded by my family, but half of me has left. Noah is on his way to Colorado with the youth, and I am here missing him. So that I can rest well at night I am leaving to stay with my parents, and I am sure there I will have a ton of fun with them, but there is nothing like having your hubby around. When we were spending some time together yesterday I realized how much I was dreading him leaving me. We have been separated before; when I went to Mexico on a mission trip and for other various things we spent nights apart, but I was truly dreading being apart from him. Yet, this is the first time we have been apart since Magdalena has passed. Noah and I have talked about how much harder it is to be at home without the other one here because we think more about her, and it makes our heart ache even more. It will be hard to be apart from him this week. The work that he will be a part of of is great as the youth worship our God and deepen their knowledge of him. Noah has always had a heart for working with the youth, so I know right now he is enjoying where God has placed him.

Yesterday we had an amazing turnout for our Southern Living at Home's Party with a Purpose. The proceeds went to Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep (www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org), an organization that has become so dear to my family. Andrea, Magdalena's photographer, came to the party to share the organization's purpose and how people can help. I don't know exactly how much was raised, but as soon as I get a number I will share it with you guys!


Also, here is a video from Magdalena's time with Grandmom, her great-grandmother, who would come by to visit that sweet, big girl. I had wanted to share them both together because she is crying in the first one, but in the second video you can see how happy she was once her belly has some food in it, but I couldn't quite get it uploaded. I will just show this one, and you can tell that she is ready for her nap because she could barely keep those eyes open. It is as though she is trying to stay awake for her special company.



Comments

  1. So glad you have the family support while he's gone. Thanks for the video of that sweet face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious sleepy little girl! So beautiful! Thank for sharing your sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're with your family while Noah's gone. Precious, precious video :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you sooo much for sharing your beautiful daughter with us. She definitely was loving being with her great grand mom and watching the balloon.
    Know that this week will pass quickly as Noah is in Colorado - let your family give you and Walt lots of love this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is Noah back from Colorado? How was the trip and his time with the youth group?

    How was your time with your folks? I know they were thrilled to have you (with Walt)all to themselves!

    Thinking of and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes