Skip to main content

Mother's Day

On my first Mother's Day when I was pregnant with Magdalena, Noah bought me a corsage.  Not knowing the color of my dress, he actually bought me two to be sure that he matched.  Not knowing if it was the "in thing" he told me that I didn't have to worry with wearing it, but I did.  And I proudly wear one every Mother's Day because it is one of the sweetest things that he does for me.

For anyone who has lost someone dear to their hearts, no holiday is the same without them.  Mother's Day isn't sad, but bittersweet for me.  I get to celebrate that I have given birth to two wonderful children, and although I have lost one, I still had the honor of being her mother.  For that, I am so thankful.
Grieving has been a process for me, I never quite know when to expect my heart to skip a beat as it breaks.  The more I notice how Walt is growing into his own person, the more I wonder what Magdalena would have been like.  I passed a few girls around the age of five practicing their ballet moves at the gym where I work out, and that was after sitting behind my new blonde haired, blue eyed friend in church who was around the same age.  These little moments always pierce my heart and make me long to be with Magdalena again, but on days like today I get to celebrate that I got to be her mother for the very short amount of time she was here.  And that sweet memory will be with me for a lifetime on this day every year.



He didn't smile in this posed picture, so I am glad for the many in-action shots where he does smile!
post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes