Skip to main content

Something to Remember

Tonight was a sweet time of hearing the words of our husbands through letters.  It is a tradition that the graduating class write these letters to the wives.  My sweet Noah wrote with love and care.  He did a great job, especially considering he had to fit four years of all that we have been through onto one page.  But within the bag given to me was a painting, and as I soon as I saw it I gasped.  (Seriously, I did!  I am not just using that word for the effect!)  It is a painting of the chapel on campus so that we can all remember our time here while in seminary.  It is a sweet time for so many of us, but Noah and I agree that we are so appreciative of this painting.  It is not only the chapel on campus to us, but it is where we had Magdalena's funeral.  We thought to use the chapel so that we could have a place separate from our church, but, yet, a special place.  When we made that decision we didn't think about the fact that Noah would still be attending weekly.  Going there for chapel, even now, many years later, is hard for him.  I am so proud of him though because he did go.  It took him some months to cross that threshold, but he did.  This is kind of the story of our lives now.  Every next step is scary, sad, and exciting all rolled into joy, and when we follow God's calling for us despite all of those emotions, we have always been truly blessed.  It doesn't matter if we stay nearby or go far away, this painting will have so many different meanings for us.

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes