Skip to main content

To Die is To Gain

The special lady that I spoke of in my previous post passed away, and today Noah and I attended her funeral.  We rejoice because it is just how she would have loved it with Jesus as the center reading Phillippians "To Die is to Gain".  She lived her life in an extraordinary way drenched with Jesus in every way.  She changed me and so many others by showing us Jesus.  As I walked through the line to hug the sweet family of hers that I love, I was lost for words.  How do you say so much with so little time?  I ended up saying "it's so good to see you"  "it's been too long" "love you".  I didn't get out what I wanted, but I am praying that they know that we all love them so much.  But with her husband we laughed about Yellow Tail wine and shared a moment speaking of her.  We came home with heavy hearts and being pushed back into routine.  The world doesn't realize what has happened, and therefore, the empty carton of milk doesn't magically refill itself.

I laughed because my sweet friend would have loved what happened tonight in our living room.  With guitar in hand, my sweet little man composed a few songs and lifted our heavy hearts.  I have never seen him sing with such intensity, but in all that we do may we do it to the best of our ability and live as though it is our last day.  There is a video below of little man and his song.

Please continue to pray for the family of my sweet friend and all of those close to her.


Philippians 1:18-25
What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and in that I rejoice. Yes, and I will rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance, as it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell. I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better. But to remain in the flesh is more necessary on your account. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain and continue with you all, for your progress and joy in the faith





post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes