Skip to main content

The Weekend

This was a weekend full of emotions for Noah and me.  On Friday, we went to a visitation, and I prayed as I waited my turn that the right words would form in my lips.  Really, I just wanted to give my sweet friend, who is now a widow, a huge hug.  Any verses or words of comfort that I could have given her, she knows in her heart, she just needs sweet time and to be loved by those around her.
  
Noah and I made a kid-swap date with my sisters a month ago so that on this particular weekend we would have date nights for Valentine's Day.  While Walt partied with his Loli, Uncle Stephen, and cousins, Noah and I did not go out, but we stayed in, cooked together, ate a delicious meal together, and watch a romantic movie.  It was fun to have that down time together after the visitation and in preparation of saying our goodbyes the next day.  

The funeral was beautiful.  I left knowing that our sweet friend would have been pleased at how we spent that time remembering him and praising Jesus.  Psalm 116 was read, and I have put it below because it was perfect. 

Noah and I were thankful that we had plans with our nieces and nephews to keep our minds and hands busy that evening.  And so my sisters went out and all of the cousins came to play at our house for a huge sleepover.  Walt LOVED waking up surrounded by his favorite friends!  We all had a blast, and I am so thankful to be near my family right now.  It is weekends like this that I am reminded how hugely blessed I am to have them in my life.  We each are so different, and together we create a fun-filled, loving family.  


ylove the Lord, because he has zheard
my voice and my pleas for mercy.
Because he ainclined his ear to me,
therefore I will call on him as long as I live.
bThe snares of death encompassed me;
the pangs of Sheol laid hold on me;
I suffered distress and anguish.
Then cI called on the name of the Lord:
“O Lord, I pray, deliver my soul!”
dGracious is the Lord, and erighteous;
our God is fmerciful.
The Lord preserves gthe simple;
when hI was brought low, he saved me.
Return, O my soul, to your irest;
for the Lord has jdealt bountifully with you.
For kyou have delivered my soul from death,
my eyes from tears,
my feet from stumbling;
I will walk before the Lord
lin the land of the living.
10 mI believed, neven when1 I spoke:
“I am greatly afflicted”;
11 oI said in my alarm,
p“All mankind are liars.”
12 What shall I qrender to the Lord
for all his benefits to me?
13 I will lift up rthe cup of salvation
and scall on the name of the Lord,
14 I will tpay my vows to the Lord
in the presence of all his people.
15 uPrecious in the sight of the Lord
is the death of his vsaints.
16 Lord, I am your wservant;
I am your servant, xthe son of your maidservant.
You have yloosed my bonds.
17 I will zoffer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving
and scall on the name of the Lord.
18 I will tpay my vows to the Lord
in the presence of all his people,
19 in athe courts of the house of the Lord,
in your midst, O Jerusalem.
bPraise the Lord!

post signature

Comments

  1. He is so dearly missed. This morning at church, Carter looked around, teared up and said, "It is just not the same." I agreed with him and then we sat outside of worship and read Psalm 116 together and talked about the hope that is Jesus. This life is not the same. We are missing one that we selfishly wanted to keep with us, but he is with Jesus and that is incredible to me.

    See this post in his own words on Psalm 116: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/knoxchamblin/journal/4

    SO glad y'all had so much family fun this weekend! Tonight in church we sang O Love that Will Not Let Me Go and I thought about y'all, and Knox, and so many others. That song just wrenches my heart now -- a mixture of joy and pain. But it is a bittersweet pain...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes

Hello World!!

Here are my first pictures! Julie is on her way to the room and doing great. As we have more pictures, I will get them up for you to see. Stephen