Skip to main content

Enjoying God More

What is the chief end of man?
Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and enjoy him for ever.

I learned that I am to glorify God with my life at a very early age, but I never understood the true meaning of it until my college years. “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Cor 10:31). So, as a much younger person, I was thinking that I must be a super good person in order to glorify God. If I do wrong, I would not glorify God whatsoever. In a sense, that is correct, and I still agree with the younger version of myself. However, I accomplished being “good” by going to church, Bible study, EE, and being a good student. People saw these things as being a good Christian, but I lacked heart. I lacked the relationship with God and the enjoyment of God.

While living in Mexico, I have learned the enjoyment of rising in the morning (although some mornings are tougher than others). This is the time with God that comes undisturbed by schedule and occurrences. So many times I put relationships on the earth over my relationship with God. I assume that it will be equally healthy with or without the time that I spend with Him. This is not true with my friendships, and is not true about my relationship with God.

These things have been my prayers as of late. I pray that I would learn how to TRULY enjoy God and spend time with Him. I don’t want to spend time with Him because I feel that it is my duty as a Christian to do this act, but I want to spend time in the Word and in prayer because it is my utmost desire. And in all of my actions I will be able to glorify God which He is teaching me to do through His word and His other children.

Comments

  1. Very profound, Jules! I am seeking the same joy and passion as opposed to duty in these upcoming days. I think you should write more. You write well and you can encourage others by what you have to say, especially me. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes

Hello World!!

Here are my first pictures! Julie is on her way to the room and doing great. As we have more pictures, I will get them up for you to see. Stephen