Skip to main content

Week 21 - The Mysteries of Heaven


1 Corinthians 2:7-9
But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory. None of the rulers of this age understood this, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But, as it is written,
“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined what God has prepared for those who love him”—



Heaven "is our fondest desire, and yet it is such a mystery".  Any time that I envision Magdalena is heaven she is always wearing a tu-tu.  I am sure she is singing praises with her voice to God, but since her body held her back on this earth, I see her praising God through dance with her healthy body.  There are many mysteries to heaven, but I am confident that she is radiant with the reflection of God's beautiful design.  She was the most beautiful baby girl on this earth, so I am sure that she is even more beautiful in heaven while her face is lit up in praise.  Randy Alcorn's Heaven is on my reading list, but I have not gotten to it, yet.  Until then, this chapter was filled with beautiful reminders that gets me excited.  This was a sweet reminder of what is to come and that we can grieve with hope.  We don't know all the details of Heaven.  When we are with our God we won't be able to help but praise God.  We will fall on our knees in his glory and burst into song!  (side note:  I am envisioning that God has given me an amazing voice while in heaven!) I agree with Nancy that while singing so many hymns I feel the closest to Magdalena.  The words are reminders of God's faithfulness and his glory, and Magdalena and I are praising him together.  The first year after we said our goodbyes was the toughest time to sing praises.  It wasn't because I no longer believed the words, but because it made me miss my sweet girl so much.  
"Don't believe that those who die in Christ linger here, longing to return.  Neither are their souls waiting anywhere that is less than heaven.  They go home to be with the Lord, and one day" so will all those who are of Christ.  We don't know for certain whether those we have lost can look down from heaven or not, but "if they can, they see us through an understanding of the bigger picture, the grander joy that they know awaits us.  And they smile."

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes