Skip to main content

Remembering Her

Four years ago today, we didn't know that it would be Magdalena's last hours on earth.  We knew that she was sick, and we were taking shifts staying awake with her.  I went to bed early planning to wake up at midnight, and then, Noah would sleep.  As I fell asleep weeping I prayed out to God for more time, and even as I prayed I knew that He was saying "I have not left nor forsaken you" (Hebrews 13:5).

These are the last few pictures we took of Magdalena.  Just days before she went to be with Jesus, she joined her cousins for movie night watching Horton Hears a Who (how appropriate might I add - "a person's a person no matter how small" - Dr. Seuss) at Loli's house.  I remember that I was basically still in my p.j.s looking terrible so there are no pictures of me.  But I love these pictures because they embody how much Caroline and Emma loved Magdalena.  In one you see Emma patting Magdalena's booty gently, and Caroline was so proud that she got to be the one to hold Magdalena in the group picture of the kids.  They loved her like a sister, and that meant so much to me.

On January 13, 2009 our Magdalena went to be with her Jesus.  I picture her wearing a pink tutu and dancing with a healthy body as a way to praise Jesus.


I hold it true, whate'er befall;
         I feel it, when I sorrow most;
         'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.
-Alfred Tennyson

One of Magdalena's favorite snuggle spots

Emma patting Magdalena's potty while watching Horton Hears a Who

Thank goodness this camera was fast because this pose did not last long.  Landon weighed about as much as Emma and quickly fell backwards.  

Two precious girls.  This is one of my favorite Magdalena pictures. 

These two songs have really been an encouragement for me, especially through my grief.  He has healed her and throughout my short life here on this earth, His Love will not let me Go.  Let us praise His name for all of our days, and maybe the day when I am reunited with my Magdalena she and I will wear a matching tutus and dance together! 










post signature

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing her life and your families life with all of us around the world I have fallen in love with her she was a sweet baby which you already know I pray for your family every night I sure hope you all are doing ok I know you have no earthly idea who I am but I found your site by Jesus leading me to you and I have read your whole blog and check reagulerly to see if you have updated. I hope everything is also going ok with your adoption I'm praying for you Noah and Walt as well as the rest of your family God Bless You All and hope you all have a wonderful and Blessed new year and thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just reading this today, but I'm praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Magdalena Grace Roberts

This morning Magdalena left this world to be with Jesus. There really isn't too much else I can say but to please pray for Julie and Noah. For now, they do not want any calls, emails or visits. I will you keep you updated on the arrangements.

Making the Decision to Not Make the Decision

I get the question, "Are you going to have any more kids?" asked often. Since finding out Magdalena's diagnosis it was always a tough question to answer. We had always envisioned ourselves with multiple children, but there was always the lingering thought of having to endure this difficult situation again. Although it is less than a one percent chance that we would have another child with T18, the percentage still exists. When pregnant, I said multiple times that I couldn't do this again and my mom constantly reminded me that it is not always that difficult. Being pregnant was physically uncomfortable, but I was referring to the constant emotional exhaustion. As Magdalena continued to do well, Noah and I weren't sure when to begin thinking about other children. Noah and I discussed that I would work really hard at losing my weight, but I was willing to be five pounds more than what I was originally. People poked fun at my not eating Magdalena's birthday cakes